The values of interest are,
To set these values,
1. Click Start – RUN.
2. Type REGEDIT and press ENTER. This will open Windows Registry Editor with the Keys in the Left pane and the Values in the Right pane.
3. Navigate to
in the left pane.
4. In the Right pane, check if the value DnsCacheTimeOut is found.
5. If found, right-click and select Modify. Select Decimal under Base and change the value as required seconds and click OK.
6. If not found, right-click in the right pane, click New – DWORD and name it as DnsCacheTimeOut.
7. Right-click the newly added value, select Decimal under Base and enter the value as required in seconds and click OK.
8. Repeat steps 1 through 6 to set the ServerInfoTimeOut
NOTE: This DNS Caching is different from that of the DNS Caching done by the DNS Client or Resolver on the system.